Release of stored or impounded vehicles can be obtained 7 days a week, 24 hours a day through the Records or Communications Division. Release fees:
- Standard storage -------------$150.00
- DUI/Reckless -------------------$400.00
To obtain a release of a stored/impounded vehicle, you must present all, some or a combination of the following:
- Valid driver's license.
- Proof that you are the current registered or legal owner. If the vehicle was taken for 30 days due to a licensing violation, the registered owner (if the driver at time of impoundment) must have some proof of ID and have a second person with a valid driver's license to get vehicle released.
- 30 day impounds may be released earlier than the 30 days with reinstatement of the driver's license and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Payment of appropriate fees - cash or personal check only.
You must first obtain a release form from the police department prior to picking up at the tow yard. The vehicles are stored at Sanders Towing, 344 W. Arrow Hwy, San Dimas, CA 91773. Their fees will vary with the type of vehicle stored and the time elapsed since the date of storage. Please contact them directly at (909) 599-3838 for their fee schedule.